Call it a trend that is ruling the red carpet, nude makeup is catching fancy of many celebrities making appearance in award shows and charity events. Going natural and letting your skin glow is what many fashion stylists prefer these days. The modern day girl image seems to be getting a makeover of sorts.
Move over flashy, loud and bold makeup styles and make way for minimalist fashion. From Drew Barrymore, Hilary Duff, Mila Kunis and Gabrielle Union are all sporting the nude look this season. And with summers just making headway, keeping it simple is the best way to look.
In fact a lot of cosmetic companies and brands are launching special editions nude makeup palettes. There are shades of brows, mauve to grey and sliver colour shades that come in exciting ranges. And these new makeup kits on the counter are not just to please the fair skinned babes. There is something for each skin colour and shade. A visit to the nearest fashion store or online will give an idea on these new age sensation.
Why go nude with the makeup?
- Nude is a more polished and pretty way of enhancing one’s skin tone
- For a change let your skin flaunt its natural colour and grab some complements
- This new makeup trend is a way to look all the more sexy and glamorous
- Quicker to do and easy to maintain
- Look effortlessly beautiful
Tips before going in for nude makeup
- Determine your skins tone and colour
- Select from nude shade palette based on skin type
- Blend it well with a good lip colour and nail polish, avoid being flashy and glossy
- Should go well with the selected attrite
Way to go nude with the make up
- Going bare and minimal starts with a good shade of foundation, apply a thin layer just to accentuate skin tone. Avoid heavy base and use a moisturiser
- Wear a shimmery eye shadow or just use a blush. Eye makeup has to be bare minimum to complement with the nude look.
- Remember to use a lipstick to that is not dull and matt or fully loud and flashy; pick a lip balm or cream that will add a glitter to the lips.
- Even your nail colour should match up to the skin tone. This will be in sync with the face makeup.
- Every detail relating to dressing and jewellery should match up with the look
Don’t go wrong with this style
The style police caution that one can go wrong with this style if not done properly. One might end up getting a chalky or opaque look if the makeup is not done well.