If there is anything that’s more beautiful than your baby’s first step in the world, it’s their feet itself. Charming and cute a baby’s feet need more protection than adults. What cuter way to protect such cute things than designing a pair of easy crochet baby booties. Follow the following tips to make those tiny feet, sweeter.
- Size – To have proper grip and balance a babies shoes needs to have proper size. Measure the length and breadth of the feet from top and button, the length around the ankle. And there you have it, all the information you need to gift your baby a charming pair of booties.
- Color – Next comes choosing the color of yarn. Choose something bright as the shoes are the first thing that the eye catches. Maybe go with kingfisher blue or a marigold orange. Fusia pink would look amazing for a baby girl.
- Yarn – Choose specifically baby yarn. Don’t choose anything else, as it is sensitive to baby’s skin.
- Design Orientation –Always remember to make the design on only one side, of the base and create a symmetry line, you can follow to spread out in each direction. Make the crochet base first and then wrap the corner to make the final shoes. So the design should be on the outer side. With variations you can make crochet shoes, sandals, boots and many others. Just focus on how to orient the shoe into shape.
- Pattern – While it’s best to go solo color without any eye catchy pattern, you can add simple design like a straight line of contrasting color running through the middle of the shoe.
- Accessories – Brighten up the shoes with some added accessories like buttons, a small readymade crafts flowers or a 3D friendly dog’s face. It adds a charm factor in your child’s eyes.